Re: gmc 4.5.38 problems

> Exploring the new gmc 4.5.38 I encountered the following:
>
> 1) right-clicking on any folder, file or document icon and then
>    left-clicking on `Properties...' in the popup menu crashes gmc!

I don't see this problem.  Looks like you installed from RPMs??  Make sure
you do the syscondir stuff thats been talked about earlier.  I've
installed from source and gmc has been pretty solid.  Also you didn't
specify whether you are seeing this problem from the gmc panel or on the
desktop.

> 2) Settings --> Preferences --> `? Help' button cannot find the
>    file gmcprefs.html. It is looking in
>    /usr/share/gnome/help/gmc/C/
>    but gmcprefs.html is to be found in
>    /usr/share/gnome/help/users-guide/C/
>
> Is there any easy way to change 2) to the correct location
> and what is the `correct' location?

I'm having this problem as well.  So this is a problem.

	sri

Sri Ramkrishna         /|\ Unix is very user friendly, its just very picky
email: sri@aracnet.com -|- on who it is friendly to. -- Unknown?
phone: 503-356-1078    \|/