bad metadata for icons on desktop

Hi all-

I just upgraded with the rpms on Dax's site and now cannot create url
launchers on the desktop.  When I right click on desktop and enter the url
its not saved and all I get are default paper type icons for everything I
create.  I applied the gnome-libs, gtk, glib, their devel packages, gmc, and
mc latest in rpms.

This only started happening after the rpm upgrade.

--
Michael Perry -			 "No one can give you wiser advice
mperry@tsoft.com	   .o O	  than yourself" -Cicero