Re: Why do I get these messages when compiling gnome-libs (and someothers too)?

It looks like it is incorrectly determining that your libraries are not
shared, so can't link them against another shared library (those are
shared libraries, right?).

Try getting a newer libtool and running "libtoolize --force in the
gnome-libs directory.  Then do a make clean and try again.

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/