Re: N_() and _()

Pablo Saratxaga <pablo@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
> Kaixo!
>
> On Thu, Oct 28, 1999 at 11:16:47AM +0200, Andreas Buesching wrote:
>
> > > If it still isn't that, tell me whihc file it is if it is on the CVS; or
> > > send me the *.c file and the po/Makefile.
> >
> > Here they are
>
> I haven'"t had any problem, with those, to create the *.pot file;
> and make update-po updated de.po (it was just empty before, and full
> after :) )

I know it is full, but not full enough ;-)

There are still strings missing. You know which? Exactly this ones:

gchar *tooltip_types[] = { N_("x/y mailboxes contain new mail"),
			   N_("sorted by priorities"),
			   N_("each mailbox separate"),
			   N_("each mailbox with new mail")};

> However I see something:
>
> > Makefile
>
> > POFILES =  de.po fr.po
> > GMOFILES =  de.gmo fr.gmo

> > CATALOGS =  de.gmo

I know, but this is not the problem

> Is that on purpose that you only compile german files ?
>
> If not you should undefine the LINGUAS variable; otherwise only languages
> defined in that variable will be handled. A developper should NEVER define
> that variable when working on his own programs or when doing packaging;
> as that will leave out the other languages.
>
> In particular when you do 'make update-po' only the german de.po file
> will be updated:
>
> > update-po: Makefile
> > 	$(MAKE) $(PACKAGE).pot
> > 	PATH=`pwd`/../src:$$PATH; \
> > 	cd $(srcdir); \
> > 	catalogs='$(CATALOGS)'; \
> > 	for cat in $$catalogs; do \
>
> for ... in $(CATALOGS)  and it only contains the German file.
>
> So, undefine your LINGUAS variable and re-run ./configure

Okay, if I understood everything right, the way with using #define does
not work, but the way using Arrays in connection with N_() should
work. So why does it not work???

I'm  desperate.

crunchy

\ Andreas Buesching <crunchy@tzi.de> <andreas@netz.nsp.de>