Re: N_() and _()

Kaixo!

On 27 October, 1999 - Andreas Buesching sent me these 0.8K bytes:

> > Please I need help with the i18n-things.
> >
> > I do not know really much about this things. I tried to add some new
> > string to the .po files but it does not work.
> >
> > gchar *tooltip_types[] = { N_("x/y mailboxes contain new mail"),
> >
> > Why does a make update-po not include these strings?

you mean they don't show on *.pot file ?
That is probably because the file you edited is not listed in po/POTFILES.in
(whihc holds the list of files to scan for translatable strings)

Note also that N_() in fact does nothing (it is just a tag so the
translatable string is found by xgettext to create the *.pot file);
you need to call the real _() somewhere; eg:

gchar *tooltip_types[] = { N_("x/y mailboxes contain new mail"), ... }

#ifdef ENABLE_NLS
	{
		int i;
		for (i=0;i<n;i++) /* n depending on size of the array */
			tooltip_type[i]=_(tooltip_types[i]);
	}
#endif

> #include "config.h"  before gnome*.h ?