tasklist and pager issues

I've got a few questions regarding the tasklist and pager.

1.  Is it possible to tell the pager/tasklist to NOT include certain
    windows?  I've seen SKIP-WINLIST mentioned in the E source as a GNOME
    hint that the *client* sets, though I've seen that Scwm has a
    `winlist-skip' function that presumably sets this property.

    Does skip-winlist work, i.e. will the pager/tasklist ignore windows
    with this property?  Is that something that clients can set themselves
    (as in the E source comments---and if so, how do they do it), or is it
    something the window manager is supposed to help them do (and E is
    simply lacking this feature)?

2.  Tasklist: is there any rhyme or reason to how it highlights windows in
    its list?  The only consistency is that the window with the focus is
    highlighted; and apparently *some* iconified windows are also
    highlighted, but not all.  Is this a bug?  A feature?  Both?

    From playing around with it, it looks like it tries to highlight both
    iconified windows and those with the focus, but it has bugs were it
    easily doesn't highlight the appropriate windows.

3.  Is there a way to specify application icons in the tasklist?

4.  Is there a way to tell it to show different icons for iconified
    windows?  I think I saw this discussed in the archive (I just joined
    this list yesterday), but forget what the outcome of that was.

Thanks much...

Raul