Re: Thanks

Well, this newbie *tries* to read the list, but has even less time to
read it (and that much less time to decipher it!) than to "play with"
Gnome on his own!  Hell [uh oh, are bad words forbidden, too? ;-) ], I
still haven't had time to upgrade to October from what I got off the
original CD! (remember those first two postings I made, one of which
incurred the wrath of demons, harpies, and goblins because of one little
ol' html tag.  Tant pis!) I have to try and find time to transfer the
rpm's to floppies, take 'em home, boot up, etc. etc.
BTW, when I *do* get around to all that, can I take it from the Gnome
FAQ that it doesn't matter in which order I install the rpms?  And
should I completely remove all traces of the old Gnome first?

I appreciate your wisdom, Hugh; now if you can "call off the dogs"
everytime a newbie dares to post to the great and powerful Gnomers' list
("pay no attention to that hacker behind the curtain") we might learn
some things beside how to develop thick skins when dealing with you
guys!

--Mark