Re: Pie menus in GTK+

+++ Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 02:28:34PM -0500 +++
Cody Russell e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> What is a pie menu?

A menu where the menu items are not arranged in a linear fashion, but
instead like slices of a pie. Pie menus are circular. When you
open a pie menu, the cursor is exactly in the middle of the pie. Thus
you can reach any menu item with minimal effort.

If you've got a linear menu with 10 items, you need to move the mouse
ten times as far as to the first item if you want to go to the last
one. In a pie menu, all the menu items are equidistant from the
centre.

Some bigots want the world to completely ditch linear menus
altogether. I don't think that's the ticket since pie menus cannot
contain arbitrary numbers of items.

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Matthias Warkus wrote:
>
> > I figure there are enough people around this list knowing about GTK+
> > for me to spare me the effort and bandwidth waste of subscribing to
> > gtk-list and answer my question:
> >
> > Has GTK in its most recent development version got any kind of support
> > for pie menus? If not, has anyone ever planned or implemented any such
> > support?

mawa
--
das ist mal wieder typisch. ich habe recht und nur wegen ein paar
beleidigungen werde ich gefiltert.