Re: GNOME and Sun Workshop 4.2 compiler

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 08:15:38AM -0400, allbery@ece.cmu.edu wrote:
> I used to do that, along with Purify.  But to build from CVS you
> *must* use gcc:  in non-"release" code libtool does stuff that only
> works with gcc.

Really?  I wonder why ... unfortunately, I don't understand libtool
at all.

So that means that, if I want Sun-compiled GNOME, I need to wait for
released tarballs, and avoid CVS?  That's not much of a hardship for me.

> (rather annoying, as the reason I was using Sun Workshop was so I could
> run Purify on it --- which fails with gcc.)

Very annoying.  Even without Purify, Sun Workshop looks like it has some
nice features for access and leak checking.  I was thinking of practicing
them on GNOME code as a learning exercise ...

Thanks, Brandon.

Zach