Re: GNOME and Sun Workshop 4.2 compiler

On 27 Oct, Zach Frey wrote:
+-----
| Have any Solaris/GNOME users tried building with the Sun compiler,
| particularly Sun Workshop 4.2?
+--->8

I used to do that, along with Purify.  But to build from CVS you
*must* use gcc:  in non-"release" code libtool does stuff that only
works with gcc.

(rather annoying, as the reason I was using Sun Workshop was so I could
run Purify on it --- which fails with gcc.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu