desktop.links entries - was Re: Advocacy report [part 2]

OK - it's a bit of bad form to reply to ones on posts I know, but I've
more or less cracked this;

On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Paul G Cooper wrote:
> . mounting/unmounting - yes this old chestnut is still with us. In a way
> the automounting on double click of the floppy icon makes this worse
> because users are unaware that they've even mounted the floppy so don't
> relaise they have to unmount it after use. I've had a little play with
> autofs but so far have been unable to make it work. Any tips or advice
> would be greatly appreciated.

autofs is easy to setup just RTFM, or the two articles in linux gazette
(no's 24 and 42 I believe). autofs will mount the floppy in /misc/floppy
whenever something tries to look at that directory.

So now I want to create an entry in my
/usr/lib/desktop-links/desktop.links file so that users can just choose
recreate default icons to get a new automounting floppy icon. I tried this

[floppy]
title=floppy
type=file
file=/misc/floppy
icon=i-floppy.png

however this doesn't work. The only type gmc seems to like is url. I want
a link to /misc/floppy but type=file or link doesn't work. Is it possible?

Paul