Re: GNome slow on Linux Mandrake

>>>>> "Harold" == Harold Campbell <hcamp@muerte.net> writes:

Harold> I don't know about the logout button bit, but I did have the
Harold> slow startup problem that was solvable by deleting
Harold> /tmp/.ICE-unix (On RH no less). It seemed to be gnome-session
Harold> acting strangely.

Thanks.  The two problems are related.  A slow startup means the
programs aren't contacting the session manager; as a result of this
the logout button (which requires a SM connection to work) does
nothing.

Harold> Disclaimer: This was several months ago, so the above could be
Harold> out of order, inacurate, outdated, or completely delusional.

It sounds familiar to me.

Tom