Re: GNome slow on Linux Mandrake

Michael wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to collect the statistics of whom who runs GNome on Linux
> Mandrake distribution, and
> how many of them have slow startup problems. If you are using GNome on Linux
> Mandrake and found that
> GNome starts slowly, please tell me. Also, does anyone knows how to fix it?
>
> Michael
>
> --

I use the Mandrake 6.0 stock distribution and it starts slow most of the time.
One behavior I've found out is that the logout button does not operate if gnome
starts
slow.  Once, on the login startup screen I re-started the x server and gnome
started fast.   I have been unable to duplicate this scenario though.

Paul R. Brandariz	    E-mail Internet: brandari@lore.kla-tencor.com
KLA-Tencor  Corporation
One Technology Dr.
Milpitas, CA 95035