Gtk-- compile problem

When I try to compile Gtk--, I have an error in the file hello.cc at link time.
Unresolved symbol concern
endl
ostream<<(char const *)
I look for in the include iostream.h file and found
ostream<<(const char*)
but in hello.cc I have only reference to endl.
When I try to replace it by "\n", I get the same error.

solaris 2.7, gcc 2.95.1, october release of gnome.
Thank you for any help
JRC

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.