Re: No Spanish-characters in Gnumeric

wrote:

> > > anything in old lists. I use Gnumeric 0.38 and cannot use
accented
> > > vowels in it. It's my only X or gnome application giving me
such
> > > problems. Does anyone know what may be happening? I'm
trying

> > In the past people have pointed out that you need to install
some
> > gconv package in Debian.
>
> Yes, if the /usr/lib/gconv/ directory is empty (or missing the right
file)
> it won't work.
> However, I have a problem like that with xmms (a version of
xmms with
> i18n support I added); but the strange thing is that it only shows
up
> if I define a fontset on a gtkrc or xmmrc file; if I don't it works ok ?!
>
> Maybe it is related ? (xmms isn't really a Gnome program but it
uses Gtk+,
> maybe the problem lies somewhere on Gtk+).

Just to add some more information:

-I'm running RH 6.0, with gnome updated up to 1.0.41.
-Accented vowels appear with no problem in imported Excel
sheets. Then problem is then that I cannot get them myself when
typing.

Regards for everyone.

Dr. Rodolfo Canet-Castello
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias (IVIA)
Dpto. Recursos Naturales
Aptdo. oficial. 46113-Moncada (Valencia). ESPAŅA-SPAIN.
Phone: 34-96-1391000      Fax: 34-96-1390240
Web page: http://www.ivia.es
Web page of Spanish Group of Soil Enzymology:
http://www.ivia.es/soilenzymology/