WARNING Gumby Question Approaching

Hi Everyone,
I am a Linux/GNOME Newbie.  I have been at it for about 6mnths and so I am
at the stage where I have begun to play :(  I installed a neat little app
which monitors CPU load with a bunch of flames.  It worked fine, the
problems began when I tried to make it a swallowed app.  Not really
understanding swallowed apps( and still don't!) I seemed to have nuked my
main panel!!  I have tried deleting the session file from my ~/.gnome/
directory and restarting but to no avail.  Gnome detects I have no panel
and asks me if I want a new one, when I say yes the new panel promptly
disappears and becomes one of these little apps!!

Config:
RedHat 6.1 i386
Gnome
Enlightenment(sorry don't know what versions)

Thanx for any help
Darrin
PS I am not scared of reinstalling GNOME if need be :( but will need to be
pointed to instructions on HOWTO do so

Darrin Taylor: Computer Systems Support Officer
Qld Institute of Medical Research
Ph (07) 3362 0242  Fax (07) 3362 0111