Compile GNOME from source, missing a library. Hints as to what to re-compile?

I spent the morning trying to compile (and re-compile) the whole October
GNOME (with gnumeric-0.41), and I thought that I'd gotten everything
correct.  I seem to have missed something, because I get a couple of errors.
Gnome-print gives me an error on 'make install' but I don't think that's
causing this (if it is, let me know and I'll try to figure out why that
doesn't work).  Anyway, when I try to fire up X and GNOME-Session, I get
this error: '/usr/local/bin/gnome-session: error in loading shared
libraries: libgnomeui.so.32: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory'
Can somebody tell me which library I'm missing?  I've done an ldconfig, and
everything else I could think of.  Thanks,
	Greg