Re: Gnumeric 0.39 fails to compile

Dan Hensley wrote:

> Here's what I get:
> 1R6/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include/gnome-xml
>
>              -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/inc
> lude -I/usr/local/include  -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused  -c sheet-object-item.c
>
> sheet-object-item.c: In function `sheet_object_item_realize':
> sheet-object-item.c:28: too few arguments to function
> `gnome_client_site_new_ite
> m'
> sheet-object-item.c:28: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
> type
> make[3]: *** [sheet-object-item.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/save/gnome_src/apps/gnumeric-0.39/src'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/save/gnome_src/apps/gnumeric-0.39/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/save/gnome_src/apps/gnumeric-0.39'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
>
> I haven't poked into the source yet to try to figure out what is missing
> from the gnome_client_site_new_item call, but I wanted to see if anyone
> else has run into this, and if so what to fix.  Note that if this came
> up in the past few days, I probably missed it since I've been out of
> town, and needless to say, I didn't closely read all 150 of the
> gnome-list messages I got...

Some more info.  I'm trying to compile it with bonobo support (I have 0.4),
and I believe this is where the problem lies.  Apparently the function call
to gnome_client_site_new_item has changed since the initial release, and
Gnumeric 0.39 relies on the newer version.  It would be nice to have an
updated bonobo tarball that would work with the newest Gnumeric.  And I
believe the configure script for Gnumeric should be updated as well,
because it was only looking for bonobo >= 0.2.

Dan