Re: Adding apps to the panel

Elliot Lee wrote:
> OK, you did 'rpm -qf /usr/local/lib/libORBit.so.0.4.0' and it said
> nothing?
I think on a SuSE system the libORBit is being installed in /usr/lib, so
when Installing it, I did ./configure --prefix=/usr. And when I do rpm
-qf /usr/lib/libORBit.so.0.4.0 it says that it belongs to no package,
which is quite logical since it was installed from the tarballs and not
from a rpm-package ;-)

> Oh hold up, now you say you installed ORBit from tarball, which is
> contrary to what I understood earlier.

Did I say that I installed ORBit from a rpm? Well, I *think* that all
the time I said that I installed it (as well as all the other stuff I
downloaded for my GNOME-system) from the tarballs.

> The problem with 0.5.0 was that the shared libraries called themselves
> 0.4.0. It looks like you shouldn't experience any bad side effects from
> this, and 0.5.1 will have this fixed.

Ok, so thereŽS nothing I need to do about it ;-)

> No clue how to proceed. All I can say is "good luck" :(

Thanks, IŽll need it! And thanks for all the help you provided to me up
to this point. I will see where I can find additional help in order to
get it working.

Greetings,
Nils