Re: xgettext with Gnome

Karl Eichwalder <ke@suse.de> writes:

> We're shipping gettext 0.10.35 with SuSE Linux 6.2; does version 0.10.35
> come with 6.1 too?  (I'm too lazy to verify it); please, enter:

  0.10.35 seems hosed in gnome's respect too. The configure script for
gnome appears to check for the presence of the function `gettext' in
libc (glibc 2.1.1 in my case), and, if found, attempts to use
that. However, gettext 0.10.35 then promptly attempts to use function
`dcgettext__' in it's `libgettext.h', when glibc only defines
`__dcgettext'.

  This has got me every time I compile gnome-libs/core etc. and I end
up with the, what I expect is somewhat too common, `--disable-nls' to
get things done, with the usual edit of the woefully neglected spec
files that are to be found in CVS.

  There seems to have been buggering about with the gnome
configuration macros in this area, I wish someone would sort it out.

--
Mike  <mike@lotusland.demon.co.uk>