RE: Two Gnome Wishes

On 18-Oct-99 Phil Risby wrote:
> 1) That everytine I run gnome ( whatever the wm) that I didnt have to clear
> up the core files it always leaves behind
> this has been a problem with all my installs ( 3 machines) with default RH 6.
>
> Maybe some kind of tregular cleaning should be done to rid those core files
> ( or even stop them in the first place :-)

        I sense humor here. Nevertheless, I'll point out that 'cron' exists
for just this sort of purpose. Have it run something like

find <home directory> -name core -exec rm {} \;

        every week, day, hour, or minute, depending how reliable your
GUI has become at dropping core files.

        BTW, the most recent version of the RH6.0 Gurulab RPMs don't
seem to drop core very much. The only core file I've found so far was
produced by Netscape.

> 2) that the pager would work like Xfce with apps draggable around the whole
> virtual desktop with a click and a drag
> Then it would be really cool!

        Silly me. With each new release of gnome-core I try this to
see if it will work. All I end up doing is sliding the pager to another
spot on the panel.

        IOW, I also think this would be cool.

Date: 18-Oct-99  Time: 10:52:09

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor