Two Gnome Wishes

I have been playing with various window managers and desktop environments
and I can switch to about 8 different ones and of course gnome is there
Running RH 6 on this machine
So far my favourite is gnome with sawmill
Two wishes:
1) That everytine I run gnome ( whatever the wm) that I didnt have to clear
up the core files it always leaves behind
this has been a problem with all my installs ( 3 machines) with default RH 6.

Maybe some kind of tregular cleaning should be done to rid those core files
( or even stop them in the first place :-)
2) that the pager would work like Xfce with apps draggable around the whole
virtual desktop with a click and a drag
Then it would be really cool!

Phil

--