Re: Problem with the control-center

Nils Holland wrote:
> [snip]
>
> 2. The second, more serious problem: When I now start GNOME, I don't get
> a panel. Instead, I just get a window in the middle of the screen that
> says "Panel Test". This window does nothing exept consume a lot of
> CPU-time (yes, really). I cannot close the window (exept by killing it)
> and when I click inside the window everything crashes (well, if I click
> inside it I can still move the cursor but wherever I click, nothing
> happens. Also pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE does not have any effect...)
> By the way: I had installed the GNOME-packages that came with my
> distribution before and the SAME problem occured! Only when I install
> Gnome without the --prefix thing, my panel seems to work.

Actually I got the same problem with the SuSE rpm's from
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0.53/suse/i386/

I deinstalled everything on my SuSE 6.2 distro that had
to do with GNOME and installed all the files from the above
FTP directory.

Anybody, what's wrong with these rpm's?

By the way: For the packagers of the above mentioned rpm's.
The package libglade-0.7-1.i386.rpm of the FTP-site has another
name in SuSE 6.2 Distro. There it is called libglad-something.rpm
(missing e).
So, if someone still has the old (original) SuSE libglad-...
installed, rpm yelds an error when trieing to rpm -Uvh
libglade-0.7-1.i386.rpm
because files with the same name exist in another package.
Perhaps, it is possible the change that?

Hanspeter