Re: Help w/ imlib 1.9.7

On 16 Oct 1999 18:04:55 -0400, lduperval@sprint.ca <lduperval@sprint.ca> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>For some odd reason, imlib 1.9.7 won't let me open GIF files, even
>though I have libgif installed. It gives me an error saying that
>DGifOpenHandle (or something similar) is undefined. Configure found it
>properly, if I look at the config.log. Also, I get no compilation
>errors.
>
>If anyone has an idea, plese let me know.

Perhaps you have an old libgif version or something?

These days, I think everyone is using libungif because of the patent issues.
I have libungif-3.0-4 installed here and it "works for me". The
DGifOpenHandle function is definitely in my libungif.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.