I don't understand the panel (w/sawmill 0.12)

Hi,

I'm using the panel for the first time with sawmill. I think it's neat
except that there are a few things I don't understand. I looked at the
user's guide but it didn't get me any further. Here are my two questions
(for the time being):

1. I set up sawmill to have a minimum of one virtual workspace. I set it
   up to provide 2 rows and 4 columns for each workspace. At one time, I
   was in screen 0,0 and I wanted to send a window to screen 0,1 (one
   screen to the left). I couldn't figure out how to move the window
   from screen to the other so I used the "send right" entry. The effect
   was that another 2x4 workspace was added to my panel. Now I don't
   know how to make it disappear and I still can move windows around in
   the panel (like pressing the middle button on a window in fvwm or
   olvwm). Can anyone explain? How do I make the second 2x4 workspace
   disappear?

2. I noticed that when iconifying windows in a panel screen, going to
   another screen and coming back to the original scree, the windows
   that were iconified now longer show up. I have to look at the task
   list to get the list of windows, then I can select the one I want to
   go to. Why is that? How do I manage to iconify while in one screen,
   go to another screen, and come back to the original and still see the
   iconified windows?

Thanks,

P.S. By "screen" I mean a virtual screen in the panel.