Re: Gnome-terminal problems in RH 6.1

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 02:01:09PM -0400 or thereabouts, Sean Murphy wrote:
> I just upgraded to RedHat 6.1 last night and am now sorting through the
> various bugs that it has introduced!  This message is a bit long...

> The Gnome related (at least I think it is) problem I'm having deals with
> gnome-terminal and session saving.  I have Gnome set up to automatically
> save the session when I logout.  If I leave some gnome-terminals open,
> and then logout, when I log in, the terminal windows pop back up, seem
> to function, but they have no title on the window title bar.  Then down

Heh. Sounds familiar. I reported something like this a while back
and it's bug 1977: http://bugs.gnome.org/db/19/1977.html

For some reason, I didn't get the email from someone asking for
further info. I just saw it on the website when I checked back
out of curiosity. I sent him the update (of: I upgraded to gnome-
core 1.0.9 and gnome-libs 1.0.15 and it's still happening) but that
didn't make it into the website.

I'm curious on why it was merged with a bug that was reassigned
as being an enlightenment problem. I mentioned windowmaker about
eight times in the report...

> apologize in advance that this isn't gnome, but I'm hoping to get
> lucky!  I have a Sound Blaster Live! card.  Although RedHat claims this
> card isn't supported, I was able to get it work under RH 6.0.  Under
> 6.0, I downloaded the beta driver from Creative Labs, tried to install
> it the way they wanted, but I didn't have the same kernel version that
> they compiled it under (it's a module).  My brother in law (who knows a

Depends on your definition of lucky: you get an answer, but, urm...

I am told that this will only work with that specific kernel and
because it's binary-only code people can't go and fix it -  they
have to wait until Creative Labs release an update which works with
newer kernels.

Telsa