Re: Window Manager

mawarkus@t-online.de (Matthias Warkus) writes:

> Have you measured that? Anyway, most of Enlightenment's "memory
> appetite" is governed by your theme choice anyway. And you can turn
> off a *lot* of bells and whistles in E to make it faster and/or
> leaner (snapshots, fat backgrounds, SaveUnders). A solid colour
> instead of a huge background pixmap can save megabytes.
>
> I've been very happy with Window Maker and Gnome BTW, that is, before
> I got Sawmill.

Just as a matter of curiousity, how far have you been able to get it
dowm?  WindowMaker runs about 1.5-2 meg on my system depending on what
I have going.  Sawmill was running about 1.5 as well.  I like E.  It's
a pretty good looking windowmanager.  How far down can you get it?

Tom
--
Quote of the day for Thursday, 14 October, 1999:

"Don't feel sorry for yourself if you have taken the wrong road -
turn around!"

  - Edgar Cayce