Re: Groupware program - a server to ?

Sarel Botha wrote:

> > > This one I think is a samba/nfs issue.
> >
> >  Why you want samba for it? You have you personal home directory and
> > nothing stops you from creating group directories to keep shared files.
> >
> > Remember that in UNIX you can be in multiple groups. Group IDs and
> > permissions are your friends.
>
> I'm talking of sharing over a network. Not just between people using the
> same machine.

 I understend what you mean - something like calendar and addressbook
server(in one central location, or on every box). The only thing I was
trying to say is that if your company computers are configured right,
you can use your home dir from any of those computers, just as well
you can access any of the "group" directories or files. Yes NFS is
not ideal but it works well.

/home --
        |- /boss        drwxrwxr-x boss.boss
        |- /you         drwxrwxr-x you.you
        |- /me          drwxrwxr-x me.me
        |- /schedules   drwxrwsr-x root.sch
        |- /projects    drwxrwsr-x root.proj
         - /addr_books  drwxrwsr-x root.addr

Any UNIX box will have those dirs. And Win boxes could be configured
so that:

   H: --> /home
   I: --> $HOME
   S: --> /home/schedules