Re: LUG Report was - Re: Congratulations!

George Farris <george@gmsys.com> writes:

> Anyone in the know care to comment on this or send me email
> directly?  I really like GNOME and would like to report back to the
> LUG with an intelligent and informed reply.

I've talked (well emailed) people who've reported bugs about gnome
becoming sluggish after a while.  They switched from using E and
things started behaving nicely.

Lots of people now use sawmill, but window maker, fvwm2 etc. are nice
too.

(Ok, people, please don't say "E is fast for me";  we've all been
down this road)

Also, the new tasklist/deskguide should be quicker/more memory
efficient.

Another slowdown is when pixmap themes are used.  Something light like
ThinIce is what I like to use.

These are just my experiences with using GNOME over the past year and
a half, hope they help.

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum