Re: Groupware program - a server to ?

Sarel Botha wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 11:22:38PM +0200, Daniel Persson wrote:
> > When customers buy a program like Microsoft Exchange etc there are some
> > primary things they want.(And this is something that they ALL want)
> >
> > - Shared adresslists - This is probobly the most important
> > - Shared calendars   - They want to be able to know what person b and person
> > a are
> > - Shared contacts	   - They want have a contact database with all
> > sorts of different contactinfo
>
> This would be great

 And you already can do that by having group calendar/adresslists file
and personal calendar/adresslists files. The only desiered improvement is
to be able to combine more then one file in one view(some kind of overlay).

> > - Shared folders 	   - Like the Microsoft Exchange folders, to store
> > documents etc
>
> This one I think is a samba/nfs issue.

 Why you want samba for it? You have you personal home directory and
nothing stops you from creating group directories to keep shared files.

Remember that in UNIX you can be in multiple groups. Group IDs and
permissions are your friends.

 Sergey