GtkCombo and position of applets

Hi veryone,

I have two little questions and I hope these questions are not to
stupid.

1. After a little bit of help I get a signal which tells me that the
   selection of a GtkCombo has changed. Now I need to know which entry
   of the list is selected. I could read the text from the GtkEntry
   (GTK_COMBO(cbo)->entry), but I would like to get an index from the
   list. Is this possible?

2. The other question is about a gnome_applet, but I think this has to
   be a feature of gtk. My applet pops up a little GtkWindow with some
   additonal Information. What I need is the exact position of the
   applet (in screen coordinates). If I use GTK_WIDGET(wid)->allocation
   I just get the height and the width. x and y are set to zero. So is
   there any other way to get the screen-cooordinates of my applet???

These are the last to information I need to finish the inital release of
my gnome-applet. Please, help me.

THANX FOR HELPING

crunchy

-- SMILE IF YOU LOSE