Re: canvas newbie question

>  I'm trying to figure out how the canvas works and I've been running into
>  problems.  I'm following the example in chap. 12 of GGAD and can't seem
>  to make the scrollbars work correctly.  When I compile and run the
>  example, I can scroll across the canvas area by either grabbing the
>  scrollbars or by clicking on the trough but when I click on the
>  scrollbar arrows nothing happens.  Do I have a configuration problem or
>  is the example missing something?  Any help would be greatly
>  appreciated.

The canvas does not set the step_increment field in the adjustments.
This could be considered a bug, but there is no "obviously" correct
value that it could use.  For now you can do something like

	GTK_LAYOUT (canvas)->vadjustment->step_increment = 10;
	GTK_LAYOUT (canvas)->hadjustment->step_increment = 10;

after you insert the canvas in the scrolled window.

This will be fixed in future versions of gnome-libs.

  Federico