Re: Panel odditity

Hmm...

This is only happens with panels on the bottom and the right side.  I'm using
gnome-core -1.0.51

-Bryan

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999, Dan Hensley scribed the following:
Dan Hensley> Todd Wilson wrote:
Dan Hensley>
Dan Hensley> > I'm using gnome-core-1.0.41-1, and I've observed an interesting quirk
Dan Hensley> > in the way the auto-hide feature of the panel works.  If I move my
Dan Hensley> > cursor down to the bottom of the screen so that my panel rises up,
Dan Hensley> > move my cursor off the panel so that it starts to go down, and then
Dan Hensley> > quickly move my cursor back down to the bottom of the screen *before*
Dan Hensley> > the panel gets all the way down, it "jumps" up for a moment to a
Dan Hensley> > height about twice its usual height before coming down to its usual
Dan Hensley> > position.  Now, this doesn't bother me at all -- in fact, I would be
Dan Hensley> > happy to have this called a "feature", since I find it quite
Dan Hensley> > entertaining trying to reproduce the effect consistently, which is why
Dan Hensley> > I'm mentioning it here:  I'm suspecting that this the first Gnome
Dan Hensley> > "bug" that takes significant manual/mouse dexterity rather than the
Dan Hensley> > right configuration files and/or compiler to reproduce.  :-)
Dan Hensley>
Dan Hensley> I noticed that a few weeks back, but dismissed it as a "feature" too...
Dan Hensley> :-)  It's still there in panel 1.0.53.
Dan Hensley>
Dan Hensley> Dan
Dan Hensley>
Dan Hensley>