Re: panel-client? (Re: GNU Midnight Commander 4.5.39 is released)

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Kuba Winnicki wrote:

> something like "panel-client --open-foot-menu" in his favorite window manager.
> Distributions which include GNOME could have bound that to for instance menu
> key with their "default" GNOME window manager.
>
> Question "how to open foot menu with keyboard?" reappears every period of time
> on gnome-list/gnome-gui-list. If we could have it in 1.0.50 we would avoid

I was just going thorough my backlog of gnome-list mail, and saw this
posting.  I think this is a great idea (unless there is a better way to do
this)  I don't see any responce to this, and haven't heard it mentioned so
was wondering if it was shot down (because there is a better way?), being
implemented, or waiting for someone to do it.  If it is the last I'll
volunteer, it drives me nuts not being able to bring up the menu with a
keyboard shortcut.

let me know,
-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf@darkcorner.net  gandalf@pobox.com

As for why he didn't want to be quoted by name, the executive said that he
deals with Microsoft and he fears that willingness to publicly criticize the
company would make him a target of potential wrath from the software maker.
Maybe that says the most about Microsoft, he added.
					-Infoworld Electric