Re: [Fwd: Sound broke on my system after 1.0.40]

Elliot Lee wrote:

> > esd is still broken on my system.  I wasn't using sound monitor
>
> If you do:
>
>         killall esd
>         esd &
>         esdplay foo.wav
>
> Does it work?

Nope.  No matter what I do, I get a device or resource busy error.  In the
past this has always been a flag for me that IRQ isn't set correctly, but I
hear the tones when esd starts, and I haven't made any hardware changes at all
in a long time.  I've done everything, including return to text mode and make
sure gdm is killed (had to do this by changing inittab and reboot), and it
still doesn't work.  And I have no idea what has changed.  The only difference
in my system is that I upgraded gnome from 1.0.x to 1.0.4x and upgraded
Netscape to Communicator 4.7.

Dan