Re: What's the story with gdm?

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Shacklette <jmshack@home.com> writes:

Mark> however, I cannot XDMCP in to the box from another machine.  I
Mark> don't know if you were refering to that aspect of gdm or not,
Mark> but that is the aspect of gdm that I was (not) referring to.

Mark> Does XDMCP work with the current gdm?  When I try it, I get X
Mark> started, but no logon ever appears from the remote box.

You have to enable XDMCP support in the gdm.conf file. And, if you are
using TCP Wrappers, you should add something like

	gdm: 192.168.1.0

to /etc/hosts.allow.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/