RE: How do I create a mime-type for files with no extension?

On 04-Oct-99 Dan Hensley wrote:
> How can I do this, so I can open an editor when I double-click on files
> with no extension (like README files)?  Also, are there any plans to
> associate more than one application with a specified mime-type (i.e. be
> able to open a file using more than one application), or better yet, set
> up mime-types for a given application that are associated with different
> file types?

I don't know about your second question but there is a function:

gchar *gnome_mime_type_of_file(gchar *filename)

This does not require a file extention.

HTH.
                                        -Govind Salinas
Inside of a dog, it is too hard to read.
ICQ:32026672                                    AIM:DyErthScum