Re: Gnome-Terminal and transparency

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:12:31PM +0100 or thereabouts, Benjamin Hell wrote:
> I have experienced a small problem with gnome-terminal (gnome 1.0.54).
[snip]
> OK, what I've done is simply to set the background
> of my gnome-terminal to be transparent. After
> logout/login the background of this terminal
> is back to it's original non-transparent state.
>
> Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, you've summarised very neatly what I find. I'm still
at October Gnome rather than 1.0.54 but it's been consistent
and persistent since I first started playing with this.
I -think- there may be a bug in bugs.gnome.org about it
from me, but it might have been closed as at one stage I
thought it was fixed and said so :)

I am curious. When you look at 'printenv' (assuming you're
using bash or something similar), does gnome-terminal also
think it's a dumb terminal? This happens to me when I restart
Gnome and a terminal from the last session restarts, too :)

I also have some complications to do with the fact that I set
a whole bunch of different set-ups with the preferences
for gnome-terminal, and gave them all different names; and
it restarts up with most peculiar effects. I need to restart
Gnome to remind myself of the details, but essentially
it seems to get confused about whether it should run a 'Default'
gnome-terminal, the one I was last using, or the one I was last
using but give it the name #Default' even though it's not.
(Confused yet? I was..)

Telsa