Gnome-Terminal and transparency

Hi everybody,

I have experienced a small problem with gnome-
terminal (gnome 1.0.54). I browsed through
the archives but found no related postings for
the problem, so I hope to find some answers
here.

OK, what I've done is simply to set the background
of my gnome-terminal to be transparent. After
logout/login the background of this terminal
is back to it's original non-transparent state.

I've checked this corresponding gnome-terminal-*
config file in ~/.gnome and the settings say
transparent=yes, but somehow gnome-terminal does
not appear to restore this setting upon startup.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you very much!

Ben
**                 Benjamin Hell                **
**         ben@spectrum.uni-bielefeld.de        **
**    http://coral.lili.uni-bielefeld.de/~ben   **
**       University of Bielefeld - Germany      **
** Faculty for Linguistics and Literary Studies **
**  Computational Linguistics & Spoken Language **