Re: Gnome reqires Enlightenment?

The dependency is there in order to prevent new users from ending up with
a window manager that does not function well with gnome.  For more
experienced users, it is a pain.

Back with RH6.0, this dependency was a good idea, as there weren't many
WMs that integrated with gnome as well as enlightenment.  That is not the
case these days, so the dependency should probably change.  Probably
making gnome-core require gnome-compliant-wm and make e, sawmill, etc
provide gnome-compliant-wm would be the cleanest solution.

Note that ultimately, the choice is up to Red Hat as it is there
distribution.  So if you want this changed, you should probably ask on one
of their lists :)

If you take this into consideration, it is probably safe to remove the
package with --nodeps (don't use --force unless you know what you are
doing and have no other choice).

James.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au