Re: october upgrade rpm weirdness?

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, James Henstridge wrote:

> If all the new RPMs are in one directory, change to that directory and run
>   rpm -Uvh *.rpm
>
> If you try to upgrade them one by one, you would have inconsistent states
> in between, which is why RPM is not letting you do this.  By upgrading all
> RPMs at once, you don't have this problem.
>
> James.

Actually, initially, I did go to the containing directory and performed:

   rpm -Uvh *rpm

which resulted in the errors I have previously mentioned.  The additional
info I supplied, showing an attempt to install the offending package on an
individual basis, was something I did *after* the initial failure.

Any other ideas on this problem?

Thank you for your help.

                           - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -

                             - BEAUDESIGN.COM -