Re: october upgrade rpm weirdness?

Hi, Martin.  I upgraded to the October GNOME, yesterday. Since I am not
currently developing any GNOME apps, I simply removed the devel packages
of GHOME (I'm not sure why they were there--I wasn't doing GNOME
developing  anyway--perhaps I installed them previously) and then redo

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

By the way, if you get messages, stating that some of the RPM's already
exist, just move these RPM's to a different directory and retry

rprm -Uvh *.rpm

You must do this or not all of your RPM's will be upgraded.

I also upgraded to the latest Enlightenment 0.16.3-1. It's really
snappy! You will have to get used to the new E pagers, though, which
exist along side the GNOME panel. I don't mind the redundancy when the
speed is excellent on my P5-133.

By the way, you'll also need to download the latest imlib*.rpm and
fnlib*.rpm files for the latest E. See http://www.enlightenment.org.

Later,
-Bruce