RE: i586 Gnome for RedHat 6.1?

What version of RPM are you using?  I've never seen any need to do this.
And 'rpm -Uvh *rpm' from the proper directory with RPM v3 gets all of the
dependancies correct, and I simply rm the ones that I have installed
(because I have them someplace else already).

> And then I run it several times, until I get all the RPMs installed.
>
> It is a brute force approach, but I don't have to worry about
> checking which
> ones are installed or not.

RPM is really designed to help avoid this.  That's why the latest version is
worth getting, it handles dependancies correctly.  It will let you know if
something is installed, and you can scrap those right off.
	Greg