Re: Gnome PPP dial-up problems

No it doesn't. I'm not familiar enough with the inner workings of
gnome-ppp yet, or else I would fix this, but gnome-ppp requires that
/sbin/pppd be setuid. Your /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file must also be
configured the way I described in order to use gnome-ppp. If kppp is
working fine for you, there may not be much reason to switch. But if you
do want to switch, try that and let me know if it doesn't work.

Cody