Re: gnoem control panel

Richard Couture wrote:

>         2.      The recommended methods of changing the system wide
>                 panel that will be propagated to all new users that
>                 are added to the system

The proper way to do this is to put the site-wide menu items in the
"shared" GNOME directory.  With the Red Hat RPMs, this is in
/usr/share/gnome/apps.  It has exactly the same format as the user's
.gnome/apps directory.  Surely this directory is already NFS-shared to
your clients?

There's a need for GNOME docs right now.  Perhaps you could write some
from an administrator's perspective.  I suspect that you're on the
bleeding edge a bit: most people are using GNOME in a
personal-workstation setup, not a centrally-controlled network-computer
environment.  I'm sure GNOME can work here, it's just a matter of
documenting the proper procedures.
--
= Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m