gnoem control panel

I have been running an Internet Cafe in San Francisco for the last 5
years which uses linux in a networked invironment. i.e.: NIS and NFS
everywhere.

I originally built a custom user interface on fvwm with a tkgoodstuff
button bar.

I am now looking at gnome with gnome panel as a new system interface.

I created, as a user, a gnome panel with drawers and such that I would
now like to make the default control panel which will be propagated to
all new users.

I tried to simply copy my config files into /etc/skel after editing
the path specific things, but that resulted in a panel that had all of
the drawers but they were not populated with the apps that I wanted in
them, not to mention several errors and warnings upon logging in...

I have been combing the documentation to learn the correct way of
making a system default panel, but everything that I read tells me how
to configure the panel as a user rather than as an administrator of a
networked environment.

Where can I get info on:

	1.	The location and function and syntax of the system
		gnome panel configuration files

	2.	The recommended methods of changing the system wide
		panel that will be propagated to all new users that
		are added to the system

Thanks in advance for your recommendations and suggestions

Richard
--
The CoffeeNet (R)               The greatest coffee AND the world (R)
744 Harrison Street at 3rd         --->>> FREE e-mail and <<<---