Simple configuration question...

Hello,
I installed RedHat 6.1 after many years of faithful service to Slackware.
Thought I'd give it a shot.
Anyways, GNOME was installed and configured automatically. How ever, Gnome
is not properly recognizing the PS2/IntelliMouse. The mouse always sticks
to the border of the screen and jumps around. I can't set focus on the
login window at all.
So I have been telneting to the computer and I am trying to figure out what
files GNOME uses.

Does Gnome read the /etc/XF86Confing file? if it does then the file is not
consistent with the configuration that I specified during the redhat
instalation.

Well, I guess that it all boils down to "where do I configure my mouse". I
looked through the gnome home page but found info on how to download the
packages and how to use gnome once installed, but not much on
configuration.. maybe I just did not look in the right place.

Regards,
Marcelo

                  ICQ 22921676
                  MSM Interactive.
      Dario Urzua 1940, Providencia, Chile.
Phone: (56-2)204-3510  Fax: (56-2) 204-3508
Email: marcelo@msm.cl    http://www.msm.cl