Re: gdm_slave_windows_kill theory...

>>>>> "Jason" == Jason L Buberel <jason@buberel.org> writes:

Jason> Somehow, gdm became convinced that /home/jason was somehow the
Jason> home directory for user 'root'.

gdm used to save a pointer to libc's passwd struct for later
use. However, some PAM setups change the struct and it usually ends
up containing an entry for root (See Gnome bug #2487).

This has been fixed for some time, but I've been completely swamped at
work. I'll try and make a beta5 release within a day or two.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/