Missing my libdb

Hi all,

well, first of all, I have to explain that I am not in a usual case as I am on
a UNIX machine. I use Enlightenment, ad would like to get all the GNOME
features too.

So I got all the GNOME tar.gz required files, but now I fall on a problem that
seems very hard to understand to me.

When compiling the gnome-libs-XXX, the configure process always fail on the
dbopen() test.

I went to the http://www.sleepycat.com to get the Berkeley DB library,
compiled it and everything. I now have the libdb.a library and also header
files in my include dir.

But still the configure fails. I dumped the library content through an
'objdump --syms libdb.a | grep dbopen', and while there is a dbopen symbol in
the Linux library (not compiled, part of the distribution), I don't have any
dbopen symbol in my own compiled library.

I thought trying to get the libdb1.a file would solve it, but I can't find
anywhere to get it.

Does any of you have an idea on how to solve this ... I guess the last
solution would be to try to see if I can remove the dbXxx calls from the code
... but it would be too much of a pain.

Thanks for all.

DERF

Frederic Leger                 http://members.xoom.com/mad_derf/tracks