Re: gnome-libs cvs problem

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Norman Stevens wrote:

> > Alright.  What other errors did it spit out before that line?  This looks
> > like something went wrong in aclocal.  Aclocal follows all the macro
> > dependencies in configure.in and constructs an aclocal.m4 file containing
> > all the needed macros.  If you are getting that error, then aclocal.m4 was
> > not created properly.
> >
> > With the autogen.sh script, generally the first error messages are the
> > more important ones, rather than the one where the script actually stops.
> >
> I had a similar problem which I fixed by copying ORBit.m4 and
> oaf.m4 into the gnome-data directory. What happened was that
> the latest configure.in script for gnome-libs forces aclocal
> to use the gnome-data directory for macro files, but the two
> above mentioned files weren't present in that directory.

No it doesn't force aclocal to use only that directory - it adds it to the
search path.

The problems occurred most likely because the installation directory for
ORBit.m4/oaf.m4 was not being picked up by aclocal because of unspecified
$ACLOCAL_FLAGS

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.